Grocery Rant?

Friday, December 09, 2016

I have been back home for exactly 2 weeks now. One of the many things I miss about Melbourne is how cheap almond milk is over there. If you know me, I eat oatmeal for breakfast EVERY. MORNING. Before moving to Melbourne, I used to eat baked oatmeal with green apples. I used water instead of milk in my oatmeal because I gag at the taste and smell of milk. So during my first visit to Coles, I decided to try almond milk because it's $3ish. Pretty cheap, if you ask me. I thought almond milk would be a good alternative to regular milk and it is. So ever since then, I make my oatmeal with almond milk. It doesn't smell like regular milk does. I don't exactly like how it taste on its own either but it still works. I was stuck on that routine for 4 months. Now that I'm back in Malaysia, I can't just go out to the store and get almond milk because it's expensive af here. So I usually alternate between cereal and bagel for breakfast and I don't like it. It's good but not filling.

I can't believe I'm ranting about almond milk. What a first world problem to have... It's not just almond milk!! I want baby spinach too!! Dude, I have been itching to make this quinoa salad that I did back in Melbourne but it requires baby spinach. My local grocery place doesn't carry baby spinach... Even if it does, I bet it's expensive. Do you see my problem!!

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a 'A Day in My Life' vlog when I go back to Melbourne in February. I'm planning on going home a week-ish before the new semester commences. So I've got plenty of time to lounge around before the chaos begins. I wanna go to St. Kilda, Eureka Tower, Camberwell Sunday Market, The Royal Botanic Gardens, so many other places!! I've said this before and I'll say this again - I will forever be grateful to my parents for the opportunity to experience life abroad. One of the most nerve-wracking, scariest, most amazing things that has ever happened to me.

I have 2ish months here. I've been meaning to get a job but I'm so lazy. But then, I think of the things I wanna get and that requires money. And I'm not gonna spend my parents' money on things I want ya kno. Especially when these things cost like RM200... I want a pair of all-white Nike Air Max Thea and the new NMDs so bad!! Also, I've been 'fantasizing' about going to LA or Hawaii at the end of my degree. Too big of a dream? Probably but it's only a 14-hour flight to LA from Melbourne. So that's not too bad right? Plus, if I'm not wrong, Hawaii is only a 10-hour flight. How cool is that?!

You Might Also Like

0 comments